I spent my Saturday morning in a park, surrounded by pint sized trick-or-treaters and puppet shows. A little boy asked me what I was dressing up as, and I said a "Mommy." What have I become?!
Sigh. Pass the Kit Kats and spiked cider.
That doesn't mean that I can't put together my annual list of LBD centered Halloween costumes. So grab your little black dress and get ready for these last minute costume ideas. Happy Procrastinating!
1. Hurricane Sandy- Attach pastic buildings and boats to your LBD. Using hair gel, give yourself a "wind blown look." Carry around a squirt bottle with water in it. Boom. Weather Channel ready!
2. Honey Boo Boo- Just add a tiara and a 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew. Really drive it home with a pageant sash. Start telling everyone that you've been sassified.
3. Snooki and Lorenzo- Grab a long black wig and make sure to puff it. Add in bronzer, animal print slippers, and a baby. Extra points for using an electric wheelchair and talking about how you were "disabled" while pregnant.
4. Fresco Jesus- For all of the art historians out there! Make a faux fur brown hood that ties under your chin. Turn your head to the side and paint on exaggerated lips. Ta da!
5. Tan Mom- Cover yourself in bronzer and brown face paint. Grab a short blonde wig. You're in business!